When a loved one dies, it is a difficult and vulnerable time. Whether it is sudden or after a long illness, no one is ever truly prepared. At The Light on the Hill, we strive to be a place of peace and reassurance, helping the family grieve while honoring their loved one.
Services are both a celebration of life, in which we lift up all that they were to family and friends, while also acknowledging the grief and pain of the loss.
The Pastor will meet with the family to plan the service. Things to consider include:
- Music selections - may be hymns, modern music, or live performance.
- Readings – scripture passages, quotations, or poems that would be meaningful
- Speakers – will a specific family member or friend share a remembrance? Or more than one? Will a family member or friend like to do a reading?
- Sharing Time – sometimes a few minutes are scheduled for an open invitation for sharing. Other times it is done at the reception following the service.
- The church’s fellowship room can be used for a reception following the service.
- At the discretion of the Pastor, other clergy members may be able to participate in the service. No services can be scheduled that our Pastor is not a part of.
The best way to start planning is to be in touch with the church office. Our administrator can send you a flier with additional information and schedule an appointment with the pastor. You can call at 603-362-5519 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are honored to be here for all of life’s events, and are here for you when you need us.